10 killed 13 wounded neo-nazi spurned girlfriend Santa Fe High School shooting A school shooting occurred at Santa Fe High School in Santa Fe, Texas, on May 18, 2018. Ten people were fatally shot and thirteen others were wounded. Dimitrios Pagourtzis, age 17, was identified by police as the suspected shooter and was taken into custody.Dimitrios Pagourtzis, age 17, He used pistol and shotgun legally owned by his father. , armed with a shotgun and a .38-caliber revolver he'd taken from his father, opened fire,
He always wore his trench coat, even in the recent heat, which climbed to the high 90s. posting the same day showed a dark trench coat with a variety of occult and World War II pins on it. On April 30, Pagourtzis posted a photo of a shirt with the words "Born to Kill" on his Facebook page. The Facebook page also included photos of his black dustercoat with several buttons on it, with an accompanying caption: "Hammer and Sickle=Rebellion. Rising Sun=Kamikaze Tactics. Iron Cross=Bravery. Baphomet=Evil. Cthulu=Power." The Facebook page has since been taken down. trenchcoat — like the one classmates say he wore to school most days — covered with pins, including the Iron Cross, a German military medal sometimes associated with Nazis, and a symbol of a goat head that is connected to the Church of Satan
he Sigil of Baphomet is the official insignia of the Church of Satan
Kid in Santa Fe massacure has two guns, pipe bomb and pressure cooker bombs and german neo-nazi nationalist propaganda and he's not a terrorist???
Santa Fe High School shooting From Wikipedia, Attack type School shooting Deaths At least 8
Perpetrator Unknown male, in custody Second person detained On May 18, 2018, "multiple fatalities" were reported at Santa Fe High School in Texas after a shooter opened fire on faculty and staff. The alleged gunman was reportedly a former student of the school. A suspect in the shooting was later arrested by law enforcement officials. At least eight people were killed. A second person has also been detained and the original suspect is "arrested and secured".
A school shooting occurred at Santa Fe High School in Santa Fe, Texas, on May 18, 2018. Ten people were fatally shot and thirteen others were wounded.
Dimitrios Pagourtzis, age 17, was identified by police as the suspected shooter and was taken into custody.
The shooter began firing a weapon into an art class at the school at around 7:40 a.m. CDT. One wounded victim told reporters that the shooter walked into the classroom and pointed at another individual, saying "I'm going to kill you." In a statement to police, the suspect admitted to the shootings, and he said that he spared classmates he liked so that he could "have his story told."
According to a witness, students barricaded themselves in the art classroom storage closet, and Pagourtzis shot through the door with a shotgun. Pagourtzis left the art room briefly, causing students to leave the closet and attempt to barricade the art room door but Pagourtzis pushed the door open. Upon spotting a student he knew, Pagourtzis said "Surprise!" and shot the student in the chest.
Survivors state that there are two art classrooms that were the target of the shooting that were connected by a ceramics room, that Pagourtzis was able to access by damaging the window in the door and fired into the room.
Police officers stationed at the school engaged with the shooter, with one officer being wounded and admitted in critical condition to a local hospital. After shooting into the ceramics room, Pagourtzis was engaged by officers who attempted to have him surrender peacefully. He reportedly threatened to shoot the officers and repeatedly fired rounds while arguing with the police.
Various types of explosive devices were found at the school and off campus, as well as a Molotov cocktail, and residents in the surrounding area were warned to be aware of all suspicious objects. According to the probable cause affidavit, the shooter admitted he spared students that he liked, and meant to kill the ones that he shot.
According to authorities, two weapons (a shotgun and a .38 revolver) were used. Both weapons appear to be legally owned by the suspect's father.
It was reported that suspect surrendered to authorities after the incident and that he was injured during the shooting.
Ten people were killed and thirteen people were injured, but survived.
The suspected shooter was identified as Dimitrios Pagourtzis, age 17.
According to at least one witness, the shooter was the victim of bullying by multiple students and coaches. One of his former teachers described him as "quiet, but he wasn't quiet in a creepy way." and had never seen him draw or write anything in his class journal that she found suspicious or unusual.
Pagourtzis's journals on his computer and cell phone, found by authorities after the shooting, indicated that "not only did he want to commit the shooting, but he wanted to commit suicide after the shooting", according to Texas Governor Greg Abbott. Abbott said that Pagourtzis "planned on doing this for some time. He advertised his intentions but somehow slipped through the cracks".
Classmates at a vigil on May 18, recounted how at a water park the day before the shooting Pagourtzis did not show any signs of his plans, and that he seemed friendly and funny.
Both The New York Times and Los Angeles Times highlighted Pagourtzis's social media presence. On April 30, Pagourtzis posted a photo of a shirt with the words "Born to Kill" on his Facebook page. The Facebook page also included photos of his black dustercoat with several buttons on it, with an accompanying caption: "Hammer and Sickle=Rebellion. Rising Sun=Kamikaze Tactics. Iron Cross=Bravery. Baphomet=Evil. Cthulu=Power." The Facebook page has since been taken down.
In a published statement, Pagourtzis's family expressed their prayers and condolences to the victims and thanked the first responders for their assistance. According to the statement, they are as shocked by the event as everyone else. The family stated they’re cooperating with the authorities and request to respect their privacy and of the victims.
Pagourtzis was booked into the Galveston County Jail on ten capital murder charges along with aggravated assault charges without bond. The parents of Pagourtzis have hired attorneys for their son’s legal defense. In their statement on May 18, the attorneys would not comment on whether Pagourtzis would be competent to stand trial, and would not confirm the report that he is being held in solitary confinement.
Despite the nature of the crime and the continued usage of capital punishment in Texas, 17-year-old Pagourtzis is ineligible for the death penalty if convicted due to the 2005 Roper v. Simmons Supreme Court ruling declaring that death sentences for minors constitute cruel and unusual punishment.
U.S. President Donald Trump expressed his condolences in a press conference shortly following the shootings, and declared that his "administration is determined to do everything in [their] power to protect our students".
Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos said schools must be "safe and nurturing environments" and "we simply cannot allow this trend to continue."
Democratic Leader and U.S. Representative Nancy Pelosi expressed her condolences and thanked the first responders. She also called for Congress to act and vote to prevent gun violence.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott said in a press briefing that the attack was "one of the most heinous attacks that we've ever seen in the history of Texas schools."
The organizers of the March for Our Lives, who survived the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting three months earlier, offered support to victims and urged people to remember this shooting and "not to sweep it under the rug. This is not the price of our freedom ... tragedies like this will continue to happen unless action is taken."
Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick said the design of Texas schools with "too many entrances and too many exits" may have to be reconsidered.
Memorials and tributes
Students organized a candlelight vigil in support of the victims of the tragedy on Friday. Blood drives were also set up to support the local hospitals.
The school district has an active shooter plan, and two armed police officers that interacted with students in the school. In the last year the school district leadership had made plans to arm teachers and staff through the Texas School Marshal Program. After the shooting, J.R. (Rusty) Norman, the President of the School Districts Board of Trustees, claimed that the district's policies and procedures worked, and that it was not the failure of the procedures that accounted for the incident but if someone wants to enter a school to create havoc they will.
- List of school shootings in the United States
- Stoneman Douglas High School shooting – similar school shooting in Florida in February 2018
- ^ Smith, Cory. "@CorySmithNBC5". Twitter. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- Jump up^ Joyce, Kathleen. "Texas high school shooting leaves at least 8 dead, suspect in custody: report". Fox News. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Jump up^ "8 students treated for gunshot wounds"". CNN. May 18, 2018. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Jump up^ "Several dead in Texas school shooting, say witnesses". News.com.au. May 18, 2018. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Barker, Aaron. "LIVE: 8-10 killed in Santa Fe High School shooting, sheriff says". Click2Houston.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- ^ Jump up to:a b "What we know so far about the Santa Fe school shooting". CNN. May 18, 2018. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Jump up^ Frosch, Dan (19 May 2018). "Texas Shooter Spared Students He Liked, Court Document Says". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 19 May 2018.
- Jump up^ Jarvie, Molly Hennessy-Fiske, Matt Pearce, Jenny. "Texas school shooter killed girl who turned down his advances and embarrassed him in class, her mother says". latimes.com. Retrieved 2018-05-20.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Investigates, Bob Ortega, CNN. "Santa Fe shooting survivor: 'All that was going through my head was to get out'". CNN. Retrieved 2018-05-20.
- ^ Jump up to:a b "Pakistani student among Texas victims". BBC News. 2018-05-19. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- Jump up^ "'Multiple fatalities' reported at Santa Fe High School shooting". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- Jump up^ "Up to 10 dead in Texas school shooting". BBC News. 2018-05-18. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c "Officials identify suspect in shooting that killed 10 at Texas' Santa Fe High School". CNN. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- ^ Jump up to:a b "10 dead, 10 wounded in shooting at Santa Fe High School in Texas, explosives found on campus: Officials". ABC News. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- Jump up^ "These are the victims of the Santa Fe High School shooting". The Dallas Morning News. May 19, 2018. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- Jump up^ "Pair of teachers among victims of Santa Fe school shooting". nypost.com. May 19, 2018. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- Jump up^ Taylor, Brittany. "Santa Fe HS student Jared Black killed in shooting". Click2Houston. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- Jump up^ Bowden, John. "Santa Fe shooting suspect reportedly killed girl who turned down his advances". The Hill. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- Jump up^ "Family, friends mourn Pakistani exchange student killed in Santa Fe school shooting". DAWN. May 19, 2018.
- Jump up^ state.gov: On the Death of Pakistani Exchange Student Sabika Sheikh (Press Statement by Mike Pompeo, US Secretary of State)
- Jump up^ "Teacher's aide among 10 dead in Texas high school shooting - ABC ..." ABC-News. 2018-05-19. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- Jump up^ "Ten people killed in shooting at Texas high school; suspect in custody". Nbcnews.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Jump up^ "Texas shooting: Who is Dimitrios Pagourtzis, suspect in the Santa Fe High School attack?". Ajc.com. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Fernandez, Manny; Blinder, Alan; Chokshi, Niraj (2018-05-18). "10 Dead in Santa Fe, Texas, School Shooting; Suspect Used Shotgun and Revolver". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- Jump up^ CNN, Evan Perez, Jason Morris and Raph Ellis,. "Dimitrios Pagourtzis identified as Santa Fe High shooter, sources say".
- Jump up^ "Texas students who supported Parkland endure own shooting". Associated Press. May 19, 2018. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c With graduation just days away, Texas school becomes latest casualty — 10 dead, 10 wounded in latest campus shooting, LA Times, May 19, 2018
- Jump up^ "Who Is Dimitrios Pagourtzis, the Texas Shooting Suspect?". The New York Times. 2018-05-18. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- Jump up^ "Family of alleged Santa Fe High School shooter issues statement". ABC7 San Francisco. 2018-05-19. Retrieved 2018-05-20.
- Jump up^ "Attorney: 'Don't rush to judgement' in Santa Fe shooting". ABC13 Houston. 2018-05-19. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- Jump up^ Estepa, Jessica; Korte, Gregory (May 18, 2018). "President Trump promises his action from his administration after Texas school shooting". USA Today. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Jump up^ "Nancy Pelosi issues call for "a vote to prevent gun violence now"". CNS News. May 18, 2018. Retrieved May 18, 2018.
- Jump up^ Lozano, Juan A. "Ten killed, at least 10 injured in Texas school shooting". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- Jump up^ Zwirz, Elizabeth. "Parkland students react to Texas school shooting: 'Santa Fe High, you didn't deserve this'". Fox News. Retrieved 19 May 2018.
- Jump up^ "Texans' J.J. Watt to pay for funerals of Santa Fe shooting victims". Houston Chronicle. 2018-05-19. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- Jump up^ Nowlin, Sanford (May 18, 2018). "Ban Doors, Not Guns, to Stop School Shootings, Dan Patrick Says". San Antonio Current.
- Jump up^ "Students call for action during Southlake vigil supporting Santa Fe shooting victims". star-telegram. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- Jump up^ Team, HPM Digital (2018-05-18). "Vigils Planned For Victims Of Santa Fe High School Shooting | Houston Public Media". Houston Public Media. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- Jump up^ "Santa Fe school had a shooting plan, armed officers, and practice. And still 10 people died". The Denver Post. 2018-05-20. Retrieved 2018-05-20.
- Cite error: A list-defined reference named "Heavy" is not used in the content (see the help age).
- Santa Fe High School shooting in Texas: At least 8 killed, sheriff says ...https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/18/us/texas-school-shooting/index.htmlAt least eight people -- and as many as 10 -- have died a result of a shooting Friday morning at a high school in the southeastern Texas city of ...
- At Least 8 People Killed in Santa Fe, Texas, School Shooting; Suspect ...https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/us/school-shooting-santa-fe-texas.html26 mins ago - At least eight people were killed, and others were injured, in a shooting on Friday morning at Santa Fe High School in Santa Fe, Tex., according ...
- Santa Fe, Texas, high school shooting: 8 dead, what we knowhttps://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...texas-high-school-shooting.../622901002/Multiple people are dead after a gunman opened fire at Sante Fe High School in Texas on Friday morning.his friends saw the gunman with a shotgun. The gunman, Turner said, pulled the fire alarm, bringing students out of their classrooms.
- Mother of Santa Fe victim reveals possible motive for the massacre — and it involves [he was turned down by] her daughter 5/20/2018 Mother of Santa Fe victim reveals possible motive for the massacre — and it involves her daughter A mother whose daughter was murdered in Friday's massacre at Santa Fe High School in Texas said the killer pursued her daughter for months before it came to a head in recent weeks and she embarrassed him in class. The mother told a newspaper over the weekend that the killer pursued her daughter for months to no avail and was specifically targeted
- Santa Fe High School Shooting Suspect Yelled 'Surprise' Before ...▶ 1:20https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY_PD-yw6WI ploaded by Inside EditionPolice say they found pipe bombs and pressure-cooker bombs at the school where nine students and a ...
- Dimitrios Pagourtzis Identified As Sante Fe High School Shooter ...dfw.cbslocal.com/.../active-shooter-dimitrios-pagourtzis-southeast-texas-santa-fe-high-.... News that the devices included pressure cookers and pipe bombs.
- Santa Fe Shooting Suspect Dimitrios Pagourtzis: What to Know | Time including pipe bombs and pressure cooker bombs, in Pagourtzis' car.
- The Latest: District cancels classes through Tuesday - Washington Post
- https://www.washingtonpost.com/...shooting/.../81e51cd4-5aa9-11e8-9889-07cc1327f...2 days ago - The Latest on a shooting at a high school in Santa Fe, Texas (all times ... including pipe bombs and “pressure-cooker-like bombs” similar to ...
- Santa Fe, Texas school shooting: Who is suspect Dimitrios Pagourtzis ...https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/05/texas_school_shooting_active_s.html Santa Fe, Texas school shooting: Who is suspect Dimitrios ... The explosives reportedly include pipe bombs and pressure cooker bombs.
- Santa Fe High School shooting in Texas: 10 killed, suspect ... - CNN.com https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/18/us/texas-school-shooting/index.html. were killed in a shooting Friday morning at Texas' Santa Fe High School, ... One was apressure cooker with an alarm clock and nails, but no ....
- Texas School Shooting: At Least 10 Dead, Shooter in Custody - NYMagnymag.com/daily/.../05/multiple-fatalities-reported-after-texas-school-shooting.html shooter, identified as 17-year-old student Dimitrios Pagourtzis, ... twitter Cameron Kasky Prepare to see students rise up and be called ‘civil terrorists’ and crisis actors. Prepare for the right-wing media to attack the survivors Prepare to see students rise up and be called 'civil terrorists' and crisis actors. shooter, identified as 17-year-old student Dimitrios Pagourtzis, is in custody. The Chronicle reported that his now-defunct Facebook page included photos “of a T-shirt that said ‘born to kill’ and clothes adorned with German nationalist iconography.” Abbott said Pagourtzis’s journals showed he planned to kill himself after attacking the school. He surrendered to police instead. identified the weapons used in the attack as a shotgun and a .38 revolver, both of which were legally owned by the shooter’s father. saw the shooter in the school hallway. “He had a black trench coat on, a sawed-off shotgun with a pistol grip and I think something sharp on this chest, John Barnes is a retired Houston Police Department officer who began working for the Santa Fe Independent School District police department in January. The 49-year-old confronted Pagourtzis during the attack and suffered a shotgun wound to the arm. HPD captain Jim Dale told the Chronicle that Barnes needed surgery to repair his injuries and said doctors had to restart his heart twice.
- rush is on to declare the alleged Texas shooter a left-wing or right ... mic The rush to declare Dimitrios Pagourtzis a politically-motivated terrorist is creating a cloud of misinformation.
- Fake Facebook accounts and online lies multiply in hours after Santa ... https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../fake-facebook-accounts-and-viral-lies-multiply-in-h...2 days ago - The fake accounts included the name of Dimitrios Pagourtzis, the ... claiming with zero evidence that the shooting was a "false flag" operation.
- Several Dead in Mass Shooting at Texas High School - Snopes.com- The suspect was identified as 17-year-old Dimitrios Pagourtzis. ... Conspiracy Theories Immediately Appear After Santa Fe School Shooting.
- Suspected Texas shooter Dimitrios Pagourtzis was 'weird' but didn't ...https://nypost.com/2018/.../suspected-texas-shooter-was-weird-but-didnt-raise-red-flag...nlike other recent mass killers, there were no big red flags, no ... to classmates that Texas shooting suspect Dimitrios Pagourtzis was a ticking ...
- Dimitrios Pagourtzis, Texas Shooting Suspect, Posted Neo-Nazi ...https://www.thedailybeast.com/dimitrios-pagourtzis-reportedly-idd-as-santa-fe-texas-s... Dimitrios Pagourtzis, the suspected gunman who opened fire at a Texas high school on Friday morning, apparently posted photos of ...
- Dimitrios Pagourtzis: Russian Trolls Instantly Spread Fake News ...https://www.inquisitr.com/.../dimitrios-pagourtzis-russian-trolls-facebook-santa-fe-sch...Within minutes after teen Dimitrios Pagourtzis was named as the Santa ... that the Santa Fe shooting was a “false flag” operation — meaning a ...
- Cliff Kincaid America's survival: Baptist church in Texas on November 5, 2017? Texas church shooter Devin P. Kelley, who was kicked out of the military after assaulting his wife and child, had dabbled in atheism and the occult, even listing a “psychic medium” on his Facebook page. School safety expert Dale Yeager notes that the Texas school shooter, Dimitrios Pagourtzis, was obsessed with death and murder. “The focus of his social media was neo-Nazi, Marxist and Occult images.” His rampage cannot be blamed on rejection by a potential girlfriend. Killer posted Hammer and Sickle=Rebellion, “Rising Sun=Kamikaze Tactics. Iron Cross=Bravery. Baphomet=Evil The latter is associated with the Satanic Temple, which is very active and fighting a Ten Commandments monument in Arkansas.
- Who Is Dimitrios Pagourtzis, the Texas Shooting Suspect? - The New ... https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/.../dimitrios-pagourtzis-gunman-texas-shooting.ht...2 days ago - Iron Cross=Bravery. Baphomet=Evil.” Above all this, Mr. Pagourtzis posted artwork seemingly inspired by the electronic musician James Kent, .
- Shooting suspect Dimitrios Pagourtzis posted 'Born to Kill' T-shirt nbc news the photo: "Hammer and Sickle = Rebellion," "Rising Sun = Kamikaze Tactics," "Iron Cross = Bravery," "Baphomet = Evil," "Cthulhu = Power.". posted a photo to what appears to have been his Instagram account with a picture of a knife and a handgun atop a mattress and a profane caption. source at Facebook confirmed the company deleted the Instagram account after Friday's shooting at Santa Fe High School, along with his apparent Facebook account. (Update: Facebook initially said it had "removed the shooter's accounts" from its platforms. arcade game Silent Scope — which allows players to pretend they are a sniper using a controller shaped like a rifle followed only 13 other Instagram accounts, and eight of them were fan pages for firearms. The others include the official accounts for the White House, President Donald Trump, Ivanka Trump and Melania Trump's official @FLOTUS account. 17-year-old put up a photo of a trenchcoat — like the one classmates say he wore to school most days — covered with pins, including the Iron Cross, a German military medal sometimes associated with Nazis, and a symbol of a goat head that is connected to the Church of Satan. pins on his coat: He captioned the photo: "Hammer and Sickle = Rebellion," "Rising Sun = Kamikaze Tactics," "Iron Cross = Bravery," "Baphomet = Evil," "Cthulhu = Power."
- With graduation just days away, Texas school becomes latest casualty ...www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-santa-fe-school-shooting-20180518-story.html But on Friday morning, before they could cross that finish line, the .... Rising Sun=Kamikaze Tactics, Iron Cross=Bravery, Baphomet=Evil, ... Pagourtzis deliberately did not shoot students he liked "so he could have his story told," according to a probable cause affidavit. Pagourtzis had also apparently brought homemade explosives to the school, including a "CO2 device," a Molotov cocktail and "various other devices," Abbott said noticed quirk at school: He always wore his trench coat, even in the recent heat, which climbed to the high 90s. posting the same day showed a dark trench coat with a variety of occult and World War II pins on it. knew a substitute teacher, Ms. Perkins, who was killed. "She came out in the hall and could hear the gunshots," Lummus said.
- Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold - Wikipedia Columbine massacre Eric David Harris (April 9, 1981 – April 20, 1999) and Dylan Bennet Klebold (September 11, ... they had no particular connection with the group, and did not appear in a group photo of the Trenchcoat Mafia in the 1998 Columbine yearbook.
- Church of Satan - WikipediaThe Church of Satan is a religious organization dedicated to Satanism as codified in The Satanic Bible. The Church of Satan was established at the Black House ...
- Sigil of Baphomet - WikipediaThe Sigil of Baphomet is the official insignia of the Church of Satan and is trademarked
- The Satanic Temple As Above So Below, The Satanic Temple, Lucien Greaves, Baphomet Statue, Baphomet,
- LaVeyan Satanism - Wikipedia religion founded in 1966 ritual which he termed the "Call to Cthulhu" which drew upon the stories of the alien god Cthulhu authored by ...